“For what it is worth, it is never too late to be whoever you want to be. I hope you live a life you are proud of, and if you find that you are not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
1. There will be several days that you daydream about stepping in front of a city bus. Don’t. It will not be beautiful. It will not be brave. It will be selfish. It will be broken. Your mother will cry.
2. Don’t write for him. Write for you. Write for others like you. Write so the girl that thinks about stepping in front of public transportation doesn’t. Don’t be selfish.
3. When you will yourself to sleep and it doesn’t come- get up. It doesn’t matter that it’s 3 am. There will be other 3 am’s. Take a shower. Take two. Wash him out of your hair. Write a poem. Read the same book you’ve read 202 times again. The 203rd time might tell you something different. Don’t stay in bed- you will think about the bus again.
4. Don’t kiss him because he’s broken. Don’t kiss him because his laughter never reaches his eyes. Don’t try and fix him. Fix yourself first. Be selfish. He can’t save you.
5. Date yourself. Take yourself out to eat. Don’t share your popcorn at the movies with anyone. Stroll around an art museum alone. Fall in love with canvases. Fall in love with yourself.
6. Dress up and wear red lipstick and get drunk with your friends. They’re the ones that will pick you up. Don’t kiss him. Or him. Don’t fall asleep on strange couches with strange boys. When his hand slides up your dress walk away. Hit him. Don’t kiss him. He can’t save you.
7. Get another tattoo. Get five more. Get another hole in your ear. Don’t listen to your dad. You will still be able to get a job. Did you really want to be employed by someone like your father? Haven’t you had enough of judgmental old white men anyway? Get fuck you tattooed in tiny letters on your hip.
8. When you feel the yearning for a new city- start over. Take 200 bucks and a three suitcases. Work anywhere that will have you. Meet strange people and forget your name. Call yourself Ruby. No one will know the difference. Remember to call your mother. Don’t be selfish. Come home when you find yourself in the strangers and the small one bedroom apartment.
9. Don’t whisper evil things into your own ear. Other people are going to shout them at you. Be your own hero. Keep a sword on your key ring.
10. Don’t step in front of a city bus. It will not be beautiful. Live. Stay up all night with a boy that promises you everything and means it. Live. See shitty local bands with a friend. Wear a different band’s t-shirt. No one will care. Live. Have a baby girl with tiny fingers and tiny toes someday. Pour love into her until it’s overflowing. Live. Wake up. Staying in bed all day is not poetic.
Do you hear that? It’s me. It’s your life. Wake up.
*looks at essay* Ah it seems i’ve written the same sentence in ten different ways
I like how glasses suggest intelligence instead of broken eyes.
PARTY LIKE THE PAST TWELVE MONTHS WEREN’T EMOTIONALLY CRIPPLING
its christmas break. you made it. you made it so very far and you’re all the way here. take a nap. watch your show. relax with a snack. i’m so proud of you. you’re safe now. so proud.
someone needs to open up a pizza restaurant called “THE GYM" so I can always tell people i’m going to THE GYM or that I just got back from THE GYM
if pokemon were real i would literally never go outside
would you feel safe knowing that, out there somewhere, are hundreds and hundreds of mr. mimes just waiting
Toco The Cat And His Human: Growing Up Together
A tabby cat and her little human both turned two this year. They have been growing up together since birth. The two share a very special friendship and are completely inseparable. The parents have documented their special bond on instagram. It’s evident that kitty loves his little human and the little girl adores her furry best friend.
o_o SO CUTE
Title: Summertime Sadness
Played 2,014,965 times